Pages

Background

Friday, April 20, 2012

Needless to say  I live a very hectic and busy life. So I have made it a point to sit down with my calendar  and carve out time for painting these portraits of my children. I am looking at these portraits as a way to recharge my creative battery. As mentioned before, I have not drawn in almost 25 years so this exercise starts with pencil drawings before I even dare touch the paint.

Here is the plotted schedule

Week of:


Apr 8 - eyes - pencil drawings (done)

Apr 15 - nose and mouth - pencil drawings

Apr 22 - full face - pencil drawings

Apr 29 - watercolor washes, purchase supplies

May 6 - sketch portrait on watercolor paper of Chris, Lizzy and Hannah

May 13 - paint Lizzy and Hannah portraits

May 20 - submit portraits for critique

             - sketch portrait on watercolor paper of Randy, Ben and Kiyomi

May 27 - paint Randy portrait

Jun 3 - submit portraits for critique

          - sketch portrait on watercolor paper of Molly

          - paint Chris portrait

Jun 10 - submit portrait for critique

           - paint Kiyomi and Molly portraits

Jun 17 - submit portraits for critique

           - paint Ben portrait

3 comments:

Valorie said...

I am envious of your obvious talents!! I can't even do stick figures!! Looking forward to seeing your progress!

Anonymous said...

You are amazing! Keep up the great work. What a wonderful talent. Miss you.
Jan Whitaker

SpecialK said...

I didn't know you were going to do one of me :) yay! Can't wait to see your progress. Love you!