Pages

Background

Sunday, August 9, 2009

Hannah's hair cut

Hannah and Janna (Hannah's best friend) started the summer with long hair and wore it in french braids during our first camp out in June. Hannah had wanted to cut her hair about the time school was winding up in May but I was against it feeling that summer would be much easier in braids and pony tails. After some debate I consented to let her cut her hair before school started in the fall.
However, before June even ended, Janna cut her beautiful long red hair and donated it to "Locks of Love". Hannah begged me all day to take her to get her hair cut. She wanted it just like Janna's. It just couldn't be done. By evening, determined that her hair should be cut this very day, she asked Janna to come over and be a model for me so that I could attempt cutting her hair. I couldn't believe that she wanted it so bad that she would trust me to take the scissors to her gorgeous satin hair. I have trimmed the girls hair before and I am fairly good at cutting the boys hair but I have never attempted a cute little bob with a wedge in the back.
We got started about 9:30 p.m. I kept running my fingers through Janna's hair trying to determine what angles I should be cutting in Hannah's hair and then finally put the scissors to work. When we were all done at 11 p.m. Hannah was very happy and even commented that it turned out better than she thought I could do!

No comments: